View Single Post
Old April 13, 2013, 12:12 AM   #29
Bentonville

I have a Marlin 30A pre-cross bolt safety, lever action that I really enjoy shooting. It just feels great and it is a beautiful gun. It's was made in the 1970s. I have a Marlin Model 80 bolt action, magazine fed that has a beefier stock than any other .22 I have ever seen. As Killkenny stated, bolt actions seem boring at the range (but great for hunting). It is more accurate for me than any other rifle I own.
My Ruger 10/22 is really fun to shoot. It's not as accurate in my hands due to the light weight and short barrel. Shooting without a rest, I had to learn to pull the trigger exactly when the sights or cross-hairs crossed the intended point of impact.. Even with a scope, it's not easy for me to stay on target. However, it rattles off the rounds! Fun.
Another dead-on accurate .22 I own is a Win. model 67 single shot. It was made back in the 30s I believe. Thank you for posting as it caused me to think about my .22s again. I have been focused on handguns for a long while. You are getting some great comments on this thread, mine not included as most of mine rifles are not readily available outside of the Ruger. In addition to this great forum, try Rimfire Central. I have learned a lot there as well.

Page generated in 0.03052 seconds with 8 queries