Thread: CCW question
View Single Post
Old February 14, 2009, 01:59 PM   #46
BuckHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong
I fail to see either of those qualfiers in the scenario as first posted.
I fail to see where it says those qualifiers aren't the case. The scenario as presented is far to vague to say one way or the other the proper course of action. You can't say "He's minding his own business" because the context of the event is not included.

Let's say, for example (this could be the scenario, since it doesn't say that it isn't) that it's 1 AM, in the middle of a large, empty parking lot. You are near one corner, with no possible destination behind you, when the guy starts walking toward you. After being warned, and as he continues to proceed, I don't see him as "minding his own business", because at that point, he is not respecting your decent, understandable request. Even at that point, however, you can't say one way or the other if it would be alright to draw or not. I would suggest at least some measure of avoidance first.

Let's say separately, for example, that it's noon at a mall parking lot. You've got the mall behind you when a guy is coming toward you. You yell a warning, but it's awful noisy, and he might not be able to hear you. There are lots of bystanders who don't seem concerned. The parking lot is very crowded. My take on this is that the guy seems like he's minding his own business.

My point is, these are two very different events, but both fit the description given by alzika equally. Therefore, it's very difficult to come to conclusions about the event at all, until at least a few more details are included. I stand by my previous post.

Page generated in 0.03618 seconds with 8 queries