View Single Post
Old May 22, 2009, 11:40 AM   #73
OuTcAsT

Quote:
I really just don't understand the fringe gun culture element that seems fascinated with secession.
(Hmm, over a thousand posts on a firearms discussion forum and you are not part of the gun culture ? )

Speaking from over here on the "fringe" let's see if we can enlighten you.

I don't think it is so much a "fascination" as much as a reality check. Look around at the other events that are unfolding in addition to all this secession speculation, the social climate is changing rapidly. At some point, there is a possibility that things may turn into a state of "civil unrest"
for any number of reasons, just as there is a possibility that you could be a target of violent crime. This is one of the reasons that many of us own firearms correct ?

I think that just like any other self defense situation, awareness of what is going on around you is critical to your survival. Those of us who (whom?) are armed, and aware, may be forced to protect ourselves either personally, or collectively.

I can only hope that cooler heads will prevail, if not, I certainly want to be prepared to defend which ever side of the fence I happen to choose.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Last edited by OuTcAsT; May 22, 2009 at 11:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.02235 seconds with 8 queries