View Single Post
Old October 9, 2007, 11:11 PM   #1
wirepusher

Accuracy problem CVA Wolf

Hi all,

My first muzzleloader (been shooting for life) is a CVA Wolf. I heard nothing but positive comments before I bought it. The problem is I have no accuracy with the thing. I'm using powerbelts as recommended with the literature in the gun. I've tried 245 and 295 grain powerbelts and have tried both two and three 50 grain Pyrodex pellets. I can come within 3 inches of the center of the target at 25 yards. I can't get a consistent pattern beyond that point. Most rounds are off the paper (12" by 12") at 50 yards. I have cleaned and cleaned it. I've tried swabbing after every shot and after every three shots. I'm shooting from a fixed table on a sandbag so I doubt it's poor tactics. I was a cop for 20 years and can hit anything with almost any gun. I'm a little baffled by this gun. Can anyone provide me with suggestions? I would rather not hunt with it than risk a bad shot on a deer. I'm thinking I might have gotten a bad gun, but I'm not experienced with black powder weapons and fear I may be missing something. I have a red dot sight on my shotgun and am thinking of adding it to the Wolf. Will it make a difference or is the barrell bad? Not used to being frustrated on the range. Help if you can...

Page generated in 0.03688 seconds with 8 queries