Thread: Pocket Pistols
View Single Post
Old February 26, 2007, 11:59 AM   #47
westphoenix

I dont mean slide lock as something to hold the slide open. I mean the slide is locked when the magazine is not inserted. I don't see the point in a mag disconnect (for trigger or slide). I think the heavy pull of the trigger itself is the only safety needed. Having the slide locked when the mag is out of the gun makes it more difficult to clear the chamber, disassemble and reassemble. To clear the chamber you either need to rack the slide back for every round, or you need an empty magazine handy. Because it is a pocket pistol that is one more reason IMO not to have a mag disconnect. I mean what if the mag was released in your pocket, now if you pull it you cant even fire one round. This "safety" could cost you your life. I feel pretty confident though that I will not have this issue the way I carry it. I have never liked mag disconnects, and I really dislike the slide being locked also.

As far as the mag release goes, it has grown on me a little now that I got a chance to shoot it. The emtpy mags seems to come out a little smoother now, but still not as easy as they could be. But this is not a major issue for this type of pistol. I might (now) prefer the mag release where it is over the Guardians location.

I did fire 86 rounds of Win Silvertips. The 3rd shot of the first magazine was a failure to fire, I pulled the trigger again and it fired. There was no other issues in any way. For being as small as it is, it handled pretty well.

After shooting it I cleaned and oiled it. The slide is a little easier rack. All around it seems a little smoother functioning.

I have heard people complain about the take down of the Seecamp, and although it requires something to push in the button to remove the slide, it is not a big deal.

I do like my Seecamp though and would recommend it as a pocket/back-up gun.

Page generated in 0.02619 seconds with 8 queries