View Single Post
Old July 2, 2001, 08:32 AM   #22
Nathan

IMHO the weaver is much better for defense. Especially a nice tight weaver. You could probably have your gun kicked in a tight weaver and maintain control. In isoceles, you would be lucky to find your gun after a struggle. Also, IMHO recoil control is better in weaver. That may just be me, though. Ask any ergonomist and they will tell you that you are stronger and more precise in a weaver stance. Hell watch yourself reload or wrestle the lid off a twist top beer. Are you in a modified weaver or isoceles. I thought so. Don't let shooting myth determine your stance.

Action shooters use isoceles and do well. I don't have a good rebuttle except it may be easier to index to the locked elbow position and recoil seems minimal for them. A few differences:
1) Nobody is beating on them while they shoot.
2) Cover is not so important when nobody is shooting back.
3) Loads are not typically as hot(recoilwise) as +P hollowpoints used for defense. Yes power factor is high, but bullets are usually the lightest available for the caliber.
4) Emotions are in check when shooting.

That said. . .Don't work like mad to develop a new stance when the old one works for you.

Page generated in 0.03800 seconds with 8 queries