View Single Post
Old January 15, 2011, 04:44 AM   #21
Dr. Strangelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch
Absolutely! All the animals have seen blued steel and wood by now, and they know what it means, but the camo confuses their natural skepticism and causes them to abandon their natural fear of the unknown. I am sure it has been written somewhere that they will approach without a care in the world, knowing full well that that "leafy thing" can't (and wouldn't) hurt them. They approach the new object, sure of their safety and secure in the knowledge that "leafy things" cannot be used hurt them under the Geneva Convention or something like that. And most deer have never read of a single instance of animal death attributed to a camo shotgun. So go ahead, buy a camoed gun, it will help the economy! And who knows, maybe you can get them to repeal the law of nature that says that movement is your enemy, not the color of your gun.
Yeah, sounds like when I went to the local gun store (LGS) looking for a turkey choke for my Mossberg 500a with 26" barrel.

Gun guy: What you have is a home defense gun. You need this (camo auto-loading just obscene $1400 gun)

Me: Really? So my 12ga won't kill a turkey as dead? Can that thing kill a turkey in all known dimensions of the space-time continuum?

Gun guy: UHHHH

Me: Yeah, just give me the choke.

Real answer - wrap it if you want, or buy a camo gun, but you're busted way before the turkey sees your gun. Practice your hunting technique...

Page generated in 0.03386 seconds with 8 queries