View Single Post
Old September 21, 2009, 11:32 PM   #1
DG45

Age/Grade of Remington Model 11 12 Ga.

I'd like to know the year of manufacture and grade of a 12 guage Remington model 11 semi-automatic five-shot shotgun, SN# 406xxx; Browning US Pats 689,283 - 710,094 - 730,870 - 812,326.

The gun is blued, with a Pheasant engraved on one side and a duck engraved on the other, with some factory scrollwork engraving too. The stock looks like expensive wood and the forearm is deeply checkered; you can feel the carving work. There also appears to be an area of checkering on the pistol grip area of the butt stock but the "checkering" in that area is perfectly smooth to the touch. I don't know if it was just fake checkering all along or if it was once carved but has been worn down to where it's smooth through years of handling.

The barrel says CYL which means it has an unchoked "cylinder" barrel. The barrel actually measures 25" long but it must have been considered a 26" barrel since the only options I'm aware of that Remington offered on this gun were barrels in 2" increments - as in 22" or 24" or 26" or 28" or 30". I don't think the barrel has been shortened.

Any assistance with identification of age and grade will be appreciated. Thank You.

Page generated in 0.02818 seconds with 8 queries