View Single Post
Old June 12, 2007, 01:15 AM   #16
cloudcroft

MDman,

Don't underestimate thieves...one of them can handle at least a 350-pound safe, a couple of guys can do better.

Rememebr the rule: If your safe weights less than your car, bolt it down. Fill it with heavy stuff, yes, but still bolt it down...and/or bolt multiple safes together.

V4Vendetta,

There probably ARE bolt holes under the carpeting...I have never seen a safe like that come without holes as the makers KNOW they have to be bolted down. Even my 1000-pound Liberty came with pre-drilled holes.

Stack-On safes (Sports Authority carries them also) are almost identical to Sentry safes (WalMart has those). In fact, from what I can tell, both are probably made in the very same factory. The Sentry safes come with holes in the bottom and back...I am sure the Stack-On safes do, too.

Get back to us and let everyone here know...

[EDIT: It says here there are "Pre-drilled mounting holes for easy attachment. Fastening hardware is included." -- http://www.stack-on.com/securityplus...fes/index.html ]

Hedley,

The bottom of the safe is probably thicker steel...maybe 3/16" or 1/4", unlike the sides.

-- John D.

Page generated in 0.03779 seconds with 8 queries