View Single Post
Old October 16, 2009, 10:38 PM   #23
MLeake

Defense of Codycac

First, I'm pretty sure the guy was just trying to post a picture, and say hey look what I did, but he used the wrong procedure and the pic didn't attach. I know from firsthand experience that TFL does not let one post pics the way most of have been used to doing with other applications, and the first time I tried to post a pic, I had the same thing happen.

Second, the guy didn't say, "Hey look, now I can shoot because I've modified my shotgun." He never made any comment whatever.

A bunch of regular TFL posters then took it upon themselves to lecture the guy about a claim he had never made, in absence of any information at all about the guy or his abilities. It was really very obnoxious, starting with Lee Lapin (who is usually more constructive) and getting worse from that point.

So next thing you know, Codycac responds with an expletive, because he feels he's being talked down to. In fact, he was justified in feeling that way.

So some more posts criticized him, telling him that he needs to worry more about practice, and less about mods.

The guy has still not said anything about thinking the mods would make him a stud. Posters in the thread built that strawman from scratch.

So, Codycac comes up and points out the obvious, which is that none of the people criticizing him have any idea whether he can shoot. He's dead on in that assessment. None of us know how well he shoots. Please note that he has STILL not made any claim about "the modifications make the man." Other posters are STILL making that strawman.

To beat this dead horse a bit more: All the guy did was try to post a pic, which didn't take. He then took flack from a bunch of people over claims he never made, and when he took offense at that, he was both lectured and belittled.

Sorry, guys, for all I know the guy could be a jerk, and he may not know how to shoot - but I can't make any such determination from anything he posted here. OTOH, a bunch of people jumped all over the guy based on zero information and a whole lot of assumptions.

It was embarrassing.

Page generated in 0.03000 seconds with 8 queries