View Single Post
Old July 6, 2008, 01:55 AM   #4
Smokin_Gun

Like Hawg said don't tap the wedge too hard or not at all. I use the heel of my hand to seat the wedge, if it hurts alot you hit it too hard.
Save your hand it's a new one and the wedge too. The hand can be refitted with a home made spring(feeler guage stock)
Uberti are smooth, nicely finnished, and feel better I my hand than Pietta. But from the first Pietta 1858 Rem I bought from Cabelas, a little deburring, stoning, polishing, and shooting a pietta is usually more accurate than Uberti. Pietta has .440" Lands, .450 Grooves, and .445" Chambers. Uberti has .440" lands, .460" Grooves, and .450" Cambers. That gives you .005" differance in chamber to groove measurement with the Pietta, and a .010" differance in chamber to groove measurement with a Uberti. Now there's the math shoot um' both even bench rest them. You'll see a differance.
I can't choose which one i like the best that's why I have Seven 1858 Rems, 2still on there way here, an 1858 Euroarms Army Police(Navy) .36, and a .31 Pocket Rem. All differant and Like um all best for what they do, are, look like. Even name um.

SG
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php

Last edited by Smokin_Gun; July 6, 2008 at 12:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.03350 seconds with 8 queries