View Single Post
Old August 13, 2014, 07:30 AM   #4
saands

Quote:
Slick.

Suggest you consider an elec model with a manual override for LE. Also consider a possible arrangement that orients the rifle 90 degrees to the wall, ie, sights outbound, mag well rearward. Racked rifles would take up less space.

LE may dislike storing the rifle w/o a mag in place during patrol, but this could appeal to admin storage.

AR mounting in vehicles is a headache due to hand guard and accessory variances.
If you aren’t in law enforcement, you have insanely good insights with respect to their needs and wants … I should have talked to you a few months ago

I talked to several LE agencies at the Raleigh Gun Show a couple of weekends ago and one of their first comments was “Officers want the mag in the rifle when they are on patrol.” But as they were standing in front of my table at the gun show I kept mounting, dismounting and loading the demo AR that I had there. After about the third time, one of the deputies standing there said something like: “Hold on a minute … that’s a stupid requirement, this system gets a usable rifle in your hand faster than the ones we currently use that keep the rifle loaded.”

The other question I got from those guys was: “can it be actuated electrically with a key override?” … gotta love the consistency in the messages I’m getting.

And for your hat trick, the appeal for administrative storage (detectives keeping their ARs behind their desks) was a clear signal. I need to look at the stud spacing in commercial construction, but my recollection is that it is still 16” centers, just with metal studs instead of wood. I need to verify that.
When I designed this one, I didn’t think that LE would be a market at all, so I focused on keeping the rifle’s profile as low as possible for use in a closet … but after I look at the electrical interface, I will consider a “high density” version. One question for you: If I made a rack for, say, 6 AR’s, I'm thinking that they should all release with one flick of the key. Does that sound right to you?

Thanks for the feedback!!

saands

www.mag-fast.com

Page generated in 0.03210 seconds with 8 queries