View Single Post
Old September 8, 2000, 09:02 AM   #5
fubsy

Im with ya Bruce.....
The retirement community my parents live in here in fla is land that my father and generations before hunted and fished over...its kinda funny now to hear the Yankees come down and talk about how nice it is and what a great guy the farmer/landowner was who was able to keep such a large tract of land together...lol....my dad having know the owner quite well piped up and told the foreigners how he came by all that land, the ole the boy would loan money to people during the depression knowing they would default and he acquired hughe tracts of land...lol....they go kinda quiet then...this durn place they live now is straddling two counties, the community is larger then the city it started in. The community has purchased some of the last large tracts of ranch land left, several thousand acres and that puts it to the city limits of the next town....this community already has the voting power in the two cities it is in and one of the two counties it is in......but thats just here.....
When I lived in Elpaso, I could walk out my back door and go up into the mountains and shoot or go to the arroyo's and shoot, we were the last house on the road we lived on towards new mexico...now the city has built to the border.........

I just wanna know were are all these durn people comming from ...cause they have to be leaving some places empty, and I need to go there.....lol..fubsy.

Page generated in 0.02638 seconds with 8 queries