View Single Post
Old November 27, 2004, 05:49 AM   #11
AUG

I like your list. You NEED a 22lr rifle AND a 22lr pistol and the 22lr pistol would be the FIRST gun I would buy in your shoes.

These are the guns I would suggest but pick what you like the best:

*note:I would buy a 22 pistol before any of these guns to brush up on my skills and you will always enjoy the fun as well as the cheap practice. 22 pistol are a couple hundred cheaper than a new revolver as well if you get a base model. Ruger MKII, Browning Buckmark, or a quality brand revolver would be great picks.

1-S&W 357 mag (you pick the actual model) might consider 6" bbl if CCW is not a option
*insert 22 rifle here IMO
2-Remington 870 in 12 ga. new or used express, wingmaster, police it does not matter they are all great shotguns. you can always buy replacement bbls or have longer ones cut down
3-in 45 acp I would go with the 1911 but that is a preference issue
4-In CA this will be tough if you want a "assault" style gun, too many good options to mention though

Good luck and one bit of advice from someone that has way too many guns. Never buy on impulse. Do tons of research on the net (take personal opinions with a grain of salt) and do your best to touch, feel, and shoot before you buy. You will be more likely to buy what you actually want and need instead of buying guns to try them out as I have done in the past. I could be 100% happy and prepared for the rest of my life with about 5 or 6 guns if I did my research. Now I have tons of stuff I don't want. Don't get me wrong most of mine are good guns. I just have no use for them.

Page generated in 0.02992 seconds with 8 queries