View Single Post
Old February 27, 2011, 09:57 AM   #18
napp

It's difficult to reply to all the comments; but here are a few of my thoughts.

1. Thicker patches...The .018" pillow ticking is the thickest available at my fabric supplier. I may go back and measure some denim.

2. Larger ball...I have ordered a .495" Lee Die.

3. Wads...I may resort to them later. I would prefer to try and solve the problem using other methods.

4. Patches too dry...I would like to continue using the Ballistol as a lube if I can make it work. Increasing the amount of Ballistol in my lube mixture will be a logical next step.

5. Burned vs torn...The pictures don't do justice to the condition of the patches...they are definitely burned. In theory, mykeal's idea of the crown cutting the fibers could cause the damaged fibers to burn more easily. However, that doesn't explain the variances I saw yesterday.

Unfortunately, I don't know in what sequence the patches in the last picture were fired. Those patches were just picked up randomly after firing ten rounds. All patches shown in both pictures were fired after swabbing between every shot.

As stated earlier, the only thing changed between the first picture results and the second picture was the powder charge. First picture shows results using 50gr of Triple Seven; while the second picture shows patches fired using 60gr from the same powder flask.

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries