Thread: Rossi Revolvers
View Single Post
Old June 3, 2009, 07:52 AM   #15
oldhunter

I have owned two Rossi revolvers for about 15 years. First bought a model 971, .357mag with 6" barrel and a few months later bought my wife a model 88, .38 sp with 2" barrel. Both are stainless steel with heavy rubber grips to lessen recoil.
Over 1,500 rounds of various types of ammo including "Hot" Buffalo Bore Heavy .357, 180gr. Hard Cast L.F.N. have been used in the 971 and it remains tight with no change in performance. Accuracy is satisfactory and it did the job on the only deer I shot at with this revolver. Note: Buffalo Bore ammo has been limited to less than 50 rounds as I feel that this type of ammo is better off in a heavy duty revolver or a carbine.
The model 88 has had about 500 rounds shot with it, all with standard velocity types being used. My wife has been able to keep her 7 yard groups within 4 inches and she does use this as her carry gun. I seldom shoot it as I have other handguns I prefer to use.
I believe that these guns are pre-Taurus sale Rossi firearms and I can only say positive things about them. Good luck.

oldhunter

Page generated in 0.03063 seconds with 8 queries