View Single Post
Old September 25, 2004, 06:42 AM   #9
jercamp45

Location: Las Vegas, via South Florida, New York, California, Alaska, Washington and Kansas
If the Beginner is trained properly.....

..then a 1911 will do very nicely!
It was my first centerfire pistol back in 1976, and though I have tried all the different actions and many caliber's...the 1911 .45 ACP still reigns supreme in my book. I carry one every day and it is the only handgun type I currently own(in several size/weight variations).
There are many accurate guns out there, and one can learn them too, but I found the 1911 to be more consistant, better fitting in my hand, thinner and easier too use.
Yes, the safety takes some getting used to, but 3000 repetitions later, practising the 'right stuff' carefully and consciously normally does the trick.
Some get intimidated when they hear .45, thinking it'll recoil beyond their ability to control...until I do the old Cooper trick of holding it with a thumb and forefinger. Teaching my girlfriend in fact, though she is in love with here Kahr PM-9(nice pistol!), she practises the 1911 each time we go to the range. And she does quite well with it!
Jercamp45

Page generated in 0.02353 seconds with 8 queries