View Single Post
Old June 5, 2001, 07:37 PM   #15
Nightcrawler

I'm sure they'll make one that can take standard 2.75" shells eventually, if they thing such a thing would sell in the US.

Now, to all you pump shotgun lovers, who claim that this will never replace this or isn't an improvement over that:

That's not the point.

You don't necessarily own a gun because it's the very best, the most advanced, or even the most effective. You own it because you like it. I doubt that Bakail is going to market this as a replacement for anybody's pump guns. It's just different. If American gun makers actually made something original and unique once in awhile they'd probably do better. Instead they just keep rehashing the tried and true over and over and over again. I mean, there's nothing wrong with a proven design, but a innovation is a good thing.

Now, the concept of a revolving long gun is SOUND, so long as you can conquer the cylinder gap problem. Out side of that, there's NO REASON it won't work. It works in revolvers, it'll work in a revolver with a long barrel and a stock.

That same company is also marketing a polymer framed, top-break revovler. How many TFLers said you couldn't make a top-break revolver with modern high pressure cartridges? How does anybody know? Did anybody actually try? And I've never heard of a polymer framed revolver before. I do, however, understand that when polymer framed pistols were first introduced, many scoffed, saying it'd never work.

So, let's no knock the Russians and their kooky revolver shotgun until we actually get to try it.

Page generated in 0.03927 seconds with 8 queries