View Single Post
Old June 28, 2012, 04:41 AM   #71
youngunz4life

oldmarksman

Quote:
The requirements for justification in Colorado start with the fact of an unlawful entry into one's occupied dwelling, and they continue with the obligation to show a reasonable belief that the intruder (1) has committed or intends to commit another crime in addition to the unlawful entry or (2) might use force against the occupant.
though this might be true or not tru...I give you the benefit of the doubt plus concede you are most definitely correct(I only stated that because I am not 100% certain):

if an individual is involved in an unlawful entry, it is considered via common sense and other mumbo jumbo to make it sound better and more legal that all your other criteria is true. basically unless you say something detrimental as an example(the guy was drunk, I was very upset, so I killed him), you as the homeowner are given the benefit of the doubt. you won't be charged if someone breaks into your home in the wee hours of the mrng and you kill him as an example while your children sleep. you don't disagree with this do you?

*********************as for the OP.....I give you serious credit but you have an issue. you are being targeted for whatever reason. These perps probably do live close, might have been the first BG's or at least know them possibly, and they'll probably be back. You need an alarm, sensor lights, a fixed door, etc. Do you have a predictable work schedule? do these people know you have guns due to your career? these are a couple of questions to ask. this is a dangerous situation. Maybe it is me, but home invasions and drownings are Hot Buttons for me. Fires are a hot button for my dad. Basically I worry about home invasions and/or drownings with regards to my children. My boss has been robbed three times...he probably won't get insurance to help him again; he had to wheel and deal the last time. Guranteed in my opinion it was close by people like you stated, and they probably understood his work schedule or easiness of the steal. Do you have a beer fridge. It could be something that small. You didn't seem to frightened. are they punk kids? anyways I feel your pain..thx for thread

Page generated in 0.03665 seconds with 8 queries