View Single Post
Old December 31, 2012, 07:16 AM   #23
Doc Hoy

Yes..Agree

I read a comment from the Lee folks and they say it will take about a year before implementation of the revised design is complete.

The implication was that the delay is the time required for all of the old stock to work its way out of the vendor system.

There was no indication as to whether or not all molds are now being manufactured in the new configuration.

I bought a .45-70 mold single cavity a coupla weeks ago and it is the old style. Then I turned around and bought the 9 MM last week and it is the new style. It makes sense given the popularity of the two different cartridges that the system would be slow in purging 45-70 but already stocking the more popular 9 MM in the new style.

I can also state that the process for manufacturing the 9 MM produced a mold that was less than perfect. It has some scuff marks on it that are not typical of the quality of Lee in the past. I may have received a fluke. The mold is very usable and the blemishes in no way impact the performance of the mold.

The good news is that the old style molds work fine and so there (In my opinion) is no reason to rush out and replace all of my old style molds with new ones.

Page generated in 0.03595 seconds with 8 queries