View Single Post
Old October 31, 2000, 02:22 PM   #2
Imbroglio

I have used both the laser type and the type that places the sighting assembly at the muzzle end.

The laser type requires that the beam be centered in the bore. The one that I used worked by placing the laser in the chamber and a laser channeling device in the muzzle. The sighting target has to be placed at least 25 feet away.

Benefits: Can be used in any gun as long as the laser and channeling device can be centered in the bore regardless of scope height. Does not require an offset device.

Drawbacks: Not precisely repeatable if scope is resighted. Requires target to be set up on a wall.

The collimator type (I think that is what it is called), requires that the sighting device be placed at the muzzle end. When looked at through the scope, this provides a sighting grid.

Benefits: Can easily be used in the field as no sighting target is required. Zeroed scope can be verified and repeated due to the sighting grid.

Drawbacks: Requires that sighting assembly be at same height as scope. AR15 carry handle mounted or other high mount scopes require the purchase of a offset device.

Page generated in 0.02840 seconds with 8 queries