View Single Post
Old June 3, 2012, 12:51 AM   #1
Once Fired

Looking for brass swap

Hi all

I picked up about 45 pounds of mixed brass from a local range today, kicking off my reloading efforts. My goal is to acquire a whole slew of 9mm Luger so I can learn how to reload on the single stage press my father is giving me later in the week.

So, to prep, I grabbed a tumbler and media, and then threw in the once-fired brass I had personally used. And then I hit the local range looking for cheap brass.

Of course, I got a bunch of calibers other than what I need since it was mixed brass. I have a ton of .40, some .45 and a bit of .380 auto. I focused on getting as much pistol there as I could. And, there is no steel, no aluminum, and no .22 in what I got.

So, I am sorting and tumbling the brass now. I will keep all the 9mm (about half of total) and am looking to swap everything else I have for an equivalent weight of 9mm brass in a similar state.

I'm in the North Austin area - Cedar Park, specifically. If a swap isn't possible, we can work out a price for the brass. If all else fails, I can get about 85% of my cash back for the portion I don't need - the local recycler here will take clean brass.

Let me know if you're interested. Once the brass is clean, I'll get an approximate count and weight by caliber.

ZAG
Texas Security Guard Jobs

Page generated in 0.03927 seconds with 8 queries