View Single Post
Old April 11, 2012, 01:46 PM   #28
BigJimP

I sweep up all kinds of range brass...( I shoot indoors / and floors are concrete - so it bounces all over )...

When I get the brass home ...I sort it by caliber only ( not head stamp ) ...and do a cursory inspection only ...and then dump it into a "dirty tub by caliber".

I keep two 10 gallon rubbermaid tubs - with a lid...for each caliber I load ( they're stackable )/ one tub for dirty .40S&W cases ....and one tub for "cleaned and sorted" .40S&W cases. After I run the dirty cases thru my vibrating cleaner...I carefully inspect them for dents, bulges, etc...and toss out the ones that are suspect...or look old.../ put the rest in the "clean and sorted tub".

When I get ready to load that caliber....I dump 4 or 5 handfuls of clean brass into a box top ...lube it ...let it dry ...and toss it into my casefeeder.

I do the same thing on all 6 handgun calibers I reload ( 9mm, .40S&W, .45 acp, .38 spl, .357 mag and .44 mag..)....so 12 tubs stacked under my workbench../ keeps things relatively tidy ..and semi-organized.

Page generated in 0.02692 seconds with 8 queries