View Single Post
Old June 29, 2013, 12:34 PM   #1
homesteadfree

Are Norinco Toks better made than Zastavas?

I don't know what you guys out there who have these guns think, but it seems to me that the Norinco Toks are better made. The machining on the slide to frame tolerances seem much tighter on the Chinese pistols (same, by the way on the old Polish pistols, high quality steel and machining). These new "Zastavas" have what seem to be wide gaps in the slide to frame fit, at least from the pictures (See attached pictures of rear views of these three Toks: Norinco, Polish, and "Zastava".
I don't have one so I can't really vouch for this. I'm buying an old Norinco. I like the Polish made Toks but they are overpriced now in the $300+ range.
I also think the Toks 7.62 beat the 9mm in range accuracy and that the 7.62 round is a more penetrating round but this is a different subject.
This leads me to the conjecture of whether the "Zastavas" are actually so. Zastava is an old manufacturer which has produced good quality guns in the past. I wonder if these "Zastavas" are not pieces made somewhere in the hills of Pakistan...[Now reading other links on the Zastava M88 I find that Zastava was the manufacturer of the "Yugo" cars that we saw back during the 80's...those were piles of junk machines. I retract my insult to Pakistani artisans...]
Just wondering...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Norinco Tok Rear.jpg (48.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Polish Tok rear.jpg (49.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg zastava rearview.jpg (49.7 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by homesteadfree; June 30, 2013 at 06:41 AM. Reason: make corrections

Page generated in 0.03924 seconds with 9 queries