View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 08:38 AM   #6
allaroundhunter

Re: Turned another one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK71 View Post
First post and glad to be here!

Other than a trip to the range with my grandfather at age 12, I'd never held a gun. I grew-up in a pretty liberal family where no one considered owning a gun other than that grandfather who was a policeman in NYC. My wife grew-up with a Dad who is a pretty big hunter and had practiced with a shotgun on several occasions. For the last couple of years she's been pushing me to take an NRA gun class because her trust in society has waned. I was resistant with the excuse that we have two children under 10 and I wasn't comfortable with a gun in the house. I finally gave in and am addicted! We went shooting together for the first time yesterday at the local Sportman's Association we just joined- and plan to go as often as possible. I have a million questions for you experts but am trying to read-up as much as possible before bogging down the board with tired topics. Be gentle with this noob while I try to catch-up!
AK71, great to have you aboard, both the shooting and TFL community welcome you! Please ask anything you wish, the only stupid question is the one not asked. We will be more than happy to help, and while an expert I am not, I do like to try to give a pointer here and there

Page generated in 0.02729 seconds with 8 queries