Thread: Baked brass
View Single Post
Old February 17, 2012, 10:07 PM   #25
hounddawg

Quote:
Nice thing about the ultrasonic cleaner is that it cleans both inside an out - shiny clean. It also cleans the primer pocket, so no prep work required after the initial brass prep. All I use is a 50/50 vinegar and water solution, with a little dish soap. Here's another photo showing before and after cleaning on .45 brass:
hmmm might add more vinegar to the pot next time. I did not deprime those that I boiled, were too dirty but my nines ended up pretty clean on the inside.

How do you dry yours? My big issue right now with my method is finding a better way to dry them. If I don't wait a few days sometimes I will find some moisture under the primers. Most of the ones I am getting are way too dirty to deprime before cleaning. Thinking oven at 220 for a hour will do it top rack on a baking sheet. Brass does not even start to anneal unless you get it to around 450 or so.

Page generated in 0.03297 seconds with 8 queries