Thread: Baked brass
View Single Post
Old February 17, 2012, 12:15 PM   #23
hounddawg

Cooked about 200 45ACP and 300 9mm brass yesterday on the stove. Used an old pot, about a tablespoon of CLR in two gallons of water heated them till the started to boil , took them off , rinsed and drained, shook them in a old towel to make sure I got most of the water out and set them in the garage overnight with a small fan blowing on them. Took about 20 minutes of hands on time, a couple of penny's worth of CLR and whatever amount of gas and electricity to heat the water and dry them. In summer I will just sit them in the sun outside to dry.

Clean as I could ask for, the 9's are even clean on the inside of the cases. 45's clean on the outside, still some residue inside. This was range brass, gathered at a outdoor range. Some of them were filled with dirt when I threw them in the pot. It ain't shiny but then shiny don't matter when it is in the chamber. I suppose if I wanted it shiny I could add some lemon juice or vinegar

Page generated in 0.03273 seconds with 8 queries