Thread: World IPv6 Day
View Single Post
Old January 12, 2011, 08:17 PM   #6
tyme
Staff

Edit: they've changed the tests, now you should get 10/10 for ipv4 if your setup is fully functional. [it used to report 7/10]

The important thing for people who don't have IPv6 is to make sure that the third box down is a green check, and it should say
Quote:
World IPv6 day is June 8th, 2011. No problems are anticipated for you with this browser, at this location.
If it says something else, you may have problems on google and facebook and yahoo and other major sites on June 8th. I updated the first post to reflect this.

Unfortunately, Bud, there's not much you can do. For IPv6 access, you need one of these two options:

1 a) IPv6 support from your ISP, AND
1 b) IPv6 support from your (wireless) router, if you have one
-or-
2 a) set up an IPv6 tunnel with sixxs or hurricane electric, or using Teredo. That's rather difficult to do for the average internet user, and your (wireless) gateway may not be compatible with them anyway.

Option 1 in the U.S. is limited to very lucky people who get internet access from forward-looking ISPs, and option 2 is limited to techies or people who have someone they can turn to to walk them through the process.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)

Page generated in 0.02267 seconds with 8 queries