View Single Post
Old November 8, 2010, 05:00 PM   #23
Mike Irwin
Staff

Walkerney,

You do realize that you're answering a question that was asked over 5 years ago? And the original poster hasn't been here since the day after he asked the question?

"TZ 84 Could be 1984 Israeli. this is how I found this forum. I have 762NATO on 5 round clips with TZ 91 on them. The "T" and "Z" are at 10 and 2 Oclock. Not familiar with any Israeli 7.62 weapon that uses 5 round. The Galil and Israeli FN & G3 would have used a magazine."

Two likely scenarios.

The first is that it is on clips for use in bolt action rifles chambered in 7.62 and which were/are held in reserve. Starting in the 1950s or 1960s the Isralies rechambered thousands of K98 Mausers to 7.62/.308.

The second is that it is clipped ammo to be used, along with a loading key, to load Galil or FN magazines. The US M14 rifle used this method of loading. Currently US M16/M4 rifles are loaded in the same manner using 10-round stripper clips.

As noted above, R.P. .308 Win is a US commercial headstamp for Remington Peters.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.

Page generated in 0.02848 seconds with 8 queries