View Single Post
Old April 21, 2009, 09:20 AM   #25
Mark Milton

Meanwhile, back in the real world most Peacemaker clones have better metallurgy than the originals did back in the 1880s and 1890s....

While it may be softer on the innards than a modern Peacemaker made by Colt, in reality, its got steel in its parts that's been heat treated .Colt didn't start heat treating their steel until after World War II.

The old Colts were usually very well fitted and finished but the metal they were made from was steel which was basicaly not even heat treated, hence softer than todays replicas.

Something to keep in mind when insulting Peacemaker clones....

I think a lot of the problem with "soft parts" in clone peacemakers is guys who tend to want to do fast draw and fanning, which is abusive to just about ANY single action that has not been modified for it.

So long as you don't abuse your gun with such hollwood foolishness, it should do just fine.
I also have a nickeled Peacemaker clone and I learned to live with Kentucky windage. Old Mitchell/Uberti.
Like other clone peacemakers, the sights are way off, but boy does she print a tight group.

Page generated in 0.02194 seconds with 8 queries