View Single Post
Old April 18, 2009, 08:22 AM   #7
carguychris

They're checking to make sure they haven't missed any houses. I bet that they use a GIS system to analyze the front door locations versus geo-referenced aerial photographs. You can now get handheld GPS units that are accurate enough for this scheme to work, so it would be a great way to double-check the canvassers without doing more expensive fieldwork.

FWIW I've read that one of the goals of this census is to decrease the amount of error in the first place so that the Bureau doesn't have to resort to statistical methods to correct for sloppy fieldwork, since their overuse of statistics has been criticized in the past. I don't see a problem with this.
Quote:
Have you checked out street level pics on google maps?

Pick your address and then peek with a 360degree look-around in front of your house. That should make you twitch!

There is no hiding in the shadows now.
Has there been any hiding in the shadows during the past ~75 years when general aviation has been commonplace?
Quote:
How many toilets are in the house, how many bedrooms, do I rent or own is not the business of the goverment, now get off my property!
For many decades they would also record everyone's names and birthdates and make them a matter of public record. I'd prefer that they count toilets.

Page generated in 0.03490 seconds with 8 queries