View Single Post
Old October 24, 2012, 05:24 AM   #42
Pond, James Pond

If the thrill is gone, then move one: try something new. No sense in continuing just because of habit or a sense of obligation. You'll save some money too. In a way it is quite healthy: at least it shows that you are not dependent on them for your own sense of personal identity.

For some, guns are soley about HD/SD, for other simply a hobby/sport and others still a bit of both... There is no reason to pigeon-hole oneself nor feel that things are eternal.

That doesn't mean abondon it all together, but at least you can now re-distribute your leisure time budget!!

A similar thing happened to me with bikes: they were my absolute passion and every penny and second went into them and they were a huge means of self expression.
Then one day, I reaslised how much time, and money got sucked into bikes and I made a change. I've still got bikes, and they are now a facet of how I spend my time, not the epitome.
I don't feel I am less me, nor less of a biker as a result.

So try something completely new and you may find that the mood takes you again, or that you learn about a new hobby!

Variety is the spice of life!!

Page generated in 0.02331 seconds with 8 queries