Thread: Just one powder
View Single Post
Old August 13, 2012, 10:31 AM   #13
Sevens

Quote:
One of the most rewarding aspects of hand loading, as I see it, is obtaining the most out of a given cartridge. Trying to achieve that with just one powder for multiple cartridges in multiple guns would be like trying to run a marathon with your legs tied. Powder is just not that expensive.
I agree 100%, but with the post directly above mine -- I can see where the OP is coming from and I can give a nod to exactly what he wants and why.

Still, I'm with Shootest and I would expand on his idea... with my always-growing powder cache, I'm almost always ready to load something new or venture in to a different weight bullet on a whim, without having to shop for powder simply because I have a smorgasbord on hand to choose from.

Having a slew of different powders on hand at the ready has been an investment, but I'm very happy to have them.

Page generated in 0.03655 seconds with 8 queries