View Single Post
Old January 30, 2008, 06:01 PM   #4
rem870hunter

i am not too sure i understand what you mean by the standard barrel and the smooth barrel.

do you have 2 barrels that are different lengths and look different on the outside as well the inside?

for example do you have: a 26" or 28" vent rib barrel and an 18" -20" slug barrel with sights or a scope bracket? if the shorter of the 2 barrels has sights or a scope bracket. it maybe a rifled barrel. i don't know if mossberg sells a combo with a vent rib barrel and a smoothbore slug with sights or a scope on the barrel.
the combos i have seen in dicks sporting goods here in nj have 2 barrels. 1 is a 26" or a 28" vent rib and the other is a 20" fully rifled barrel with a 2.5 power scope mounted on a bracket fixed to the barrel. the vent rib barrel comes with 1 screw in choke tube. mod. if i am right.

are you calling the vent rib barrel the "standard barrel" and the "smooth barrel" the slug barrel? you can buy a fully rifled barrel for the mossberg 500 with or without a scope bracket on the barrel. you can only use "sabot type" and maybe "foster type" ammo in it.

Page generated in 0.03046 seconds with 8 queries