View Single Post
Old March 24, 2012, 02:37 PM   #150
dgludwig

Quote:
This is where your opinion and my experience diverge. I have seen "limp-wristing" failures, and they have always been exclusively technique related. Always with shooters with little to no experience and across multiple platforms.
And this is where your opinion and my experience diverge. I have seen many instances where the so-called limpwristing phenomenon was blamed for jams when the pistol was actually at fault (actually, you can add to the list other popular excuses for malfunctioning pistols, including insufficient "break-in", white box ammo and dirty mags). My experience also tells me that there are certain pistols brands and certain pistol configurations that are way more likely to be adversely affected by the way they are gripped than are some others-irrespective of the body build, gender or level of experience of the shooter. And those are the pistols (I won't name companies because that will only lead to brand bashing and Kool-Aid fests and my experience with these pistols does not necessarily translate into documented proof of anything. But I will say that I view with suspicion any small, light-weight handgun that is composed primarily of polymer and is chambered in calibers above 9mm) I stay clear of and recommend to others to do the same when serious social situations are anticipated.

Page generated in 0.04134 seconds with 8 queries