View Single Post
Old December 19, 2000, 02:12 AM   #5
boing

The reloads are from Atlanta Arms, ever heard of 'em? I don't know anything about them except that they've always worked in my other guns. It's substantially cheaper to buy Win USA up the road at WalMart, but I'd rather fund the only range in town. If I run into problems with the AA stuff, I'll switch. The problems with my other pistols weren't ammo related, I've used a variety for testing. Incidentally, I used the same boxes of ammo on the second day that had locked up the gun the first day, with no problems. Was that unwise?

I trust my dealer/smith-guy with total confidence. I've seen some of his custom work. It's absolutely gorgeous. He's getting a write-up in one of the gun rags in January for a few 1911s he's done. I can't remember which magazine it's going to be in, though. I may yet break the edges my self, only in those two spots. Thanks for the advice.

It's funny you should mention the V-10, George, cuz he's got one for sale (.45). I may be fated to own it...it's used... But I wouldn't sink so low as to buy a 1911 in 9mm. I have some scruples, y'know...

As far as size, the Kahr is small, which is what I was looking for, but is it too small? I don't know yet. I wouldn't expect to be able to shoot a substantially smaller gun with the same grip that I use for my larger guns, though that may be a misconception on my part. I figure it just comes with the "small" territory. I shot well with it, at any rate. At least on a par with my G19.

Now the P32...that was small, definitely Too Small.

Page generated in 0.03299 seconds with 8 queries