View Single Post
Old June 16, 2005, 11:35 PM   #35
stephen426

Guy,

.22 LR semiautos tend to have quite a few misfires. That is why I mentioned centerfire pistols when I made my reliability claim. There isn't that much powder in the .22 and they are so cheap, I'm sure they can't afford to quality control each one. If you have a heavy return spring, I can see you getting jams.

There are a lot of great semi auto pistols out there. Don't let your bad experience with a single gun keep you from enjoying some really great guns. Besides, if you were really that concerned about it, get a semi auto just for the range.

Here is my rationale why semi autos are superior:
1. Usually has a greater ammo capacity
2. Much faster to reload
3. Much easier to carry magazines rather than speed loaders
4. Longer barrel length for the same length gun since semi auto have no cylinders
a. Longer barrel means greater accuracy
b. Longer barrel means greater velocity
5. Revolvers are usually wider due to the cylinder thickness

I know people will argue that revolvers are simpler to opoerate but modern semi autos are very reliable. Some people say that revolvers have second strike capability (granted that you will need to cycle through the whole cylinder first). DA/SA semi autos have the same capability although the second strike occurs on the same round with the next oull of the hammer. Anyways, I just wanted to offer my $.02 worth.

Page generated in 0.02074 seconds with 8 queries