View Single Post
Old June 4, 2002, 06:07 PM   #4
Al in Md.

Isaidme, A shotgun can be a wise choice indeed for H.D. The Rem Home Defense model would be a good choice. However it is a tool that requires practice to become proficent with its operation. Any decent "Name Brand" Shotgun such as certain models of Mossberg, Winchester, or Benelli among others would fit the bill. Ammo selection and tactics are all part of the equation. And yes that Mag tube on extended capacity Remmingtons can stick out past the barrel a little. I am assuming that you and possibly your Dad are new to shotguns and would suggest snap caps for learning handling at home and plenty of practice with the inexpensive sporting ammo at the range. There is no substitute for practice. All safety rules must apply 100% of the time no room for error. I have lurked on this board and learned a lot. Try the search button above for specific questions and answers and ask here when needed. Back to the safety issue, yesterday I observed an individual "cover" a whole line of shooters at a range for about 10 seconds with a carbine! Not a pleasent sight! Al in Md.

Page generated in 0.02438 seconds with 8 queries