View Single Post
Old March 8, 2013, 06:53 AM   #30
Salmoneye

I know nothing about Oregon, and certainly not about Oregon FICS, but from their own publication (the PDF I linked), if the FFL does not hear back from FICS within one business day, they are free to release the gun...

The entire point of the FICS is that it is 'INSTANT', and if they can not determine that you are "disqualified" and should be 'Denied' within one business day, then you are considered cleared to take possession from the FFL...

In their own literature there is no provision for a delay beyond "close of the gun dealer’s next business day following the request by the dealer for a criminal history record check"...

Quote:
(b) If the department is unable to determine if the purchaser is qualified or
disqualified from completing the transfer within 30 minutes, the department shall notify
the dealer and provide the dealer with an estimate of the time when the department will
provide the requested information.
(c) If the department fails to provide a unique approval number to a gun dealer or to
notify the gun dealer that the purchaser is disqualified under paragraph (a) of this
subsection before the close of the gun dealer’s next business day following the request
by the dealer for a criminal history record check, the dealer may deliver the handgun to
the purchaser.
If I am wrong, someone feel free to show me chapter and verse where Oregon statutes allow a delay past close of next business day...

Page generated in 0.03724 seconds with 8 queries