View Single Post
Old March 5, 2014, 07:27 PM   #7
fastbolt

Properly supervised Force-on-Force training is one of the best things to come along in many years, granted.

Ditto properly supervised Sim training (FX marking cartridges, or something similar).

I emphasize the "properly supervised" part to both help prevent training injuries, and to be able to identify the difference between poor habits/techniques & good ones.

Another interesting bit of how trigger discipline & technique can be observed involves some of the newer training simulators. I remember when I was asked to help out with a large demo weekend at a local college, and the FATS machine loaned to event for the weekend was the then-new one that monitored trigger contact & manipulation during different phases of shooter trigger contact/manipulation. Now that was an eye opener and an interesting teaching/assessment tool.

It's all well and good for participants in some training gathering to have "a real blast of a good time", but it's equally (or more) important to have it conducted and supervised for both the safety of the participants, and to ensure that lessons of actual value are identified and realized, as well as bad habits to be recognized and addressed (often best done by an observer/instructor).

Page generated in 0.03316 seconds with 8 queries