View Single Post
Old March 19, 2013, 08:12 AM   #5
CajunBass

Quote:
has the added benefit of obviating the need for any extra cleaning of the chambers to remove residue from the .38 cases that could make chambering .357 more difficult.
Over the years I've owned a lot of .357 revolvers, yet I have fired very few 357 rounds in them. I just never saw any reason to buy/load expensive, hard recoiling, louder ammo, just to punch a hole in a piece of paper. So the alternative of course has been 38 special. In that time, I have never seen any particular need to do any special cleaning of the chambers, and have never had any trouble chambering 357 ammo on those occasions when I have used it. YMMV of course.

I doubt is many people could tell any accuracy difference between a 38/357 and a dedicated 38. I know I can't. Lately I've been buying 38's because as a rule of thumb I can find 38's for less money. Think Model 15 vs a Model 19. Model 10 vs Model 13. Colt Official Police vs Python.
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page generated in 0.02995 seconds with 8 queries