View Single Post
Old April 5, 2013, 08:22 AM   #18
Patriot86

I made my wife get a FOID card long before she was into shooting for a whole host of reasons. If she borrowed my truck and I forgot I left a box of rifle rounds in the center console (happened for a month at one point) and she was pulled over without a FOID she would have been arrested.

In "theory" she wouldn't have been arrested if she had used one of my guns to defend our home but TECHNICALLY she could have.

The good news is my wife has taken to guns like a fish to water over the last couple of years, she now even has her own (an M&P Shield)...and she can't keep her hands off of my rifles either...that will be my next project for her, building a purple AR bit I digress.

While the Illinois FOID system is not as bad as DC, it is just safer for all Adult residents of a home to have one.

To the OP, follow the letter of the law exactly in DC. After readily Emily Millers articles on the insanity of DC gun law and the zeal with which they go after anyone even a tiny fraction outside the law I would never even consider coming within 20 miles of DC with a firearm or ammunition, its not worth the risk.

To all you other TFLers if you have some free time check out Emily Millers Blog @ The Washington Times, she has detailed over the past couple of years several high profile cases where people are being railroaded over poorly writter, ambiguous laws.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/

Quote:
When it comes to handguns (and with the Safe Act, AWs), NY has the same concept. If you are not licensed to that particular handgun, you cannot touch it, or shoot it. This includes at home with a "premises" type permit where you can have a handgun at home, or at your business.
Just when I think Illinois has some pretty bad gun laws, I pause when I read things like this and thank god I am not in a far more restrictive than I am. I take for granted that when my brother in law comes into town from Ohio he can just shoot any of my firearms he well pleases...

Last edited by Patriot86; April 5, 2013 at 08:28 AM.

Page generated in 0.02517 seconds with 8 queries