View Single Post
Old February 26, 2011, 09:17 AM   #1
wyobohunter

USPSA multigun question

My local range is putting on a few multigun (3 gun) matches this spring/summer. I really want to try it out (1st timer) but have a question...

I have the stuff to shoot either tactical/limited or heavy metal but I'll be shooting with at least one handicap either way.

Shooting Tactical/Limited

-My rifle is an AR Carbine with single optic so I've got the "norm" covered.
-I'll be getting a magazine tube extension for my BPS so I'll have the same capacity as others but I'll be competing against autoloaders.
-My pistol is a basic 1911 Govt. and with magazine length restricions I can only use 8 round magazines but I'll be racing guys with high capacity double stack magazines.

Shooting Heavy Metal

-My pistol and shotgun are the same as above and I'd be competing on a level playing field.
-My rifle is an M1 Garand so my magazine capacity is 8 vs. 20 for the guys with M1A's etc and 20 round magazines.

I really don't have any high hopes of winning anyway so it'll just be for fun. I'd like to pick the option that gives me a better chance to get a fair assesment of my skills vs other competitors. Which option appears to handicap me the least? I'm asking for an academic/on paper answer; not taking shooter skills into account as I've no idea where my strong points are yet. Save for the fact that my general rifle marksmanship skills are much better than shotgun or handgun.

If I decide I really like this I may spend the money and get either a High Cap. pistol and autoloading shotgun or an M1A/FN or something for a Heavy Metal rifle.

Page generated in 0.03292 seconds with 8 queries