View Single Post
Old July 28, 2001, 12:31 PM   #9
Guyon

I think some people would rotate their magazines every ten minutes if other people wouldn't look at them funny.

My wife is an engineer. She and her engineering friends tell me that there is no such thing as resting a modern, well-made spring. What wears them out is compressing and decompressing (loading and unloading). However, spring steel CAN take a set if overcompressed or overextended. That's why it might be a good idea to download by one, particularly for long storage.

This might not be true of older magazine springs (those not produced by modern metallurgical standards) or poorly made magazine springs. But if your gun is a new one made by a reputable company, load the mag and "fahgetaboudit". If you're the worrying type, well then buy a quality replacement spring, load your mag, and then "fahgetaboudit". If it's going to be stored for a long time, download by one and sleep peacefully.

Sure Wolf wants you to believe in spring replacement and magazine rotation. Selling springs is their livelihood. The quicker you wear them out, the more they sell.

Page generated in 0.03398 seconds with 8 queries