View Single Post
Old January 30, 2009, 12:30 PM   #32
Skyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKSa
The facts are that the "next to useless" night sights allowed the shooters, under conditions where they couldn't see normal sights, to perform better than you claim your point-shooting technique works for you.
So??

If you ever get into a gunfight odds are that even you will point-shoot, probably one-handed, too. Lol
I will probably do likewise, only I'll have a laser dot to place on the threat. Place that dot and I'll hit that spot.

Anyway, you guys were target shooting in low-light and darkness. Great experiment and probably great fun. You learned most of the disadvantages of night sights and white light. Those were valuable learning moments.

But, keep in mind that target shooting is not the same as self-defense aiming/shooting/moving. Not even close. Target shooting is relaxed, run-a-gun practice and fun....not a startling, shocking, fear laden moment of survival.

Nor is the use of a flashlight common in most self-defense encounters. White light is ordinarily used for LE/military style planned clearing/identifying bad guys....not for a stickup in a Walmart parking lot.

There are a million scenarios to imagine, but reality says that a self-defense encounter will happen suddenly and likely in low-light where the threat is easily seen and identifiable. Because of that, I am concerned with immediate self-defense, therefore I cheat and use a Crimson Trace lasergrip sighting system on my handguns.

Reasons? Anyone can shoot from the hip, shoulder, etc, under, over around, moving or from wherever....no sights are needed. There are many folks with old eyes and poor eyesight or bad night vision. Again, no iron sights are needed. And there is no iron sight fumbling stress while under the fear of death.

Finally, I find it extremely puzzling that there are still so many gunslingers out there that have not figured out that a laser sighting system is the superior handgun sighting system in low-light and darkness.
Whatever happened to 'live and learn'?

Page generated in 0.03235 seconds with 8 queries