View Single Post
Old March 22, 2005, 03:00 AM   #18
MTMilitiaman

Quote:
Ps Cross-eye dominance sux for left eye right handed rifle guys ....
But with nose to charging handle(ar) and a red dot co-witnessed to irons,
amazingly enough, my shooting without the dot has improved also !
I am right handed and left eye dominant. I find it to be nearly an advantage. Your options in rifles are limited and I at least find myself insisting on ambi controls, but I also find that with my strong hand in front it is easier for me to follow game and keep the muzzle on target. And I am much faster manipulating the left-handed bolt on my 7mm than I ever was with the right-handed bolt on my .270.
Right now I am trying to settle on a handgun design on which I am comfortable to become especially proficent. I am in an experimenting stage but in the meantime, I would like to learn the basics of pistol shooting with a focus (no pun intended) on practical defensive pistol use. When I actually have a handgun that works, I'll be doing double tap drills and whatever else I can find to do. I also want to learn the right way to do things. For now, my HK will continue to allow me to practice malfunction clearing drills...

Page generated in 0.02700 seconds with 8 queries