View Single Post
Old July 16, 2008, 06:13 AM   #3
Sigma 40 Blaster

First thing I'd have to say that I wouldn't get off the phone with 911 unless something forced me to. If I'm at home I want the operator to tell me "They are on scene NOW". If I'm in public I want 911 to hear everything that happens after the shoot if stuff gets stupid with onlookers, accomplices, or the BG himself. I don't turn off my phone when I'm done with it...the batteries are rechargeable.

What to do with your gun is another story...I have no training on this but common sense tells me that if the BG is still alive and capable of trying to re-arm (hopefully you have kicked/moved his/her gun away from their hands) your gun stays out in low ready. Especially if you're not sure that there's not another BG around waiting to get you. You're standing somewhere you won't be putting anyone else in cross-fire should the worst happen again. You be sure to relay what you're doing and your position to the 911 operator so the police know what to expect when they enter the scene.

On the other hand, BG is not moving or breathing AND I'm sure that no one else is lurking? Gun gets re-holstered. 911 is informed of that fact too.

Worst case the police enter and have received no info about the details of the shooting, follow their orders to the letter, don't argue and tell your story until THEY consider themselves safe. Don't assume you know what they want you to do and make a move with a firearm in your hand.

Page generated in 0.02687 seconds with 8 queries