View Single Post
Old February 7, 2013, 05:54 PM   #7
WVsig

Check the rollmarks on the gun unless it is one of the fake FEGs with Browning markings that were sold to Iraq the rollmarks will tell the story.

As far as telling a good one from a bad one I personally prefer any used BHP I buy to be stock. If it has been modified I like documentation showing who did the mods. I look for normal wear. If I am looking for a shooter I avoid the older internal extractors because they are no longer being made and they are getting expensive. On top of that they are known to break.

Check the slide for play. If the BHP has been shot a lot and has seen a lot of +P ammo the slide and frame fit will be loose. This does not mean the gun will not run and it will not be accurate enough but it can and will have an effect.

Other than that if they have not been buggered by Bubbha they are good to go. The clones like the FEG, Acurus and FM vary in quality and in trueness to the design based on when they were made. Beware there are some FEGs which resemble BHPs externally but are more like a S&W Semi internally. They can easily be distinguished from the real deal because of the slide mounted decocker/safety. In the world of clones the FEG and early FMs are the best of the breed. IMHO

Page generated in 0.02353 seconds with 8 queries