Thread: Rem 870 tips
View Single Post
Old October 10, 1999, 10:51 PM   #2
Josh D

I have one too. Its an 870 Express Magnum 20ga. If yours is a Wingmaster, it is different than mine. If its the same, here are some things I have noticed.

1- Keep oil on the reciever and barrel, especially the reciever, all the time. ALL the time. If you handle it and don't put oil on it when done for the day, you will not have a reciever after a few years. Rusts easily. I like CLP.

2- When mine was new(got it NIB), it was kinda stiff. You need to pump it hard when you first get it.

3- When you put a shell in from the bottom into the magazine, make sure you push it all the way in so it makes a "click". If one gets pushed back behind the shell elevator, it is trouble.

4- I have worn the finish off of my bolt and the reciever finish is starting to thin, so if that happens to you, you are not alone.

5- Three things you need to do:

1- Put at least half a case of shells through it very fast. No real purpose, but a lot of fun.
2- Hunt with it in the mud and get it dirty. I found this to be exciting for some reason??? Guess I am a wacko.
3- Have fun with it. IMHO, more than any other gun, this one is a tool, pure and simple. This is the most important rule.

------------------
Don't turn around, uh oh oh, der kommisar is in town, uh oh oh!

Page generated in 0.03285 seconds with 8 queries