Thread: why the 22
View Single Post
Old October 23, 2013, 07:28 AM   #44
zukiphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by skans
Quote:
That is only true of you find noise and recoil exciting.

I don't.
If quiet and tame is important to you when shooting for fun then why not just shoot pellet guns....or airsoft? Cheaper, quieter and even less recoil.
I have heard the term "air soft", but have no experience with them.

Air rifles are a world of their own, and from what I can see the good ones are pretty expensive. I contemplated one of those Benjamin pump pellet guns for pest control until I witnessed the amount of noise one makes pumping the thing up.

.22lr firearms are firearms. One need not keep track of compressed air, and high quality, accurate arms, both pistols and rifles, can be had for less than $500.

I do not shoot only .22lr because I do have arms in other calibers, but I have never found the challenge of chasing smaller groups to be boring. I begin to affirmatively object to report and recoil when I am offered a hot 44 magnum in a small revolver. I also recall with no fondness a 45-70 pistol. I acknowledge that some people find that sort of thing thrilling.

I would summarise my reaction as "big bullet, big noise, big deal".

I appreciate any item well made and well designed so that I am able to test my accuracy rather than the accuracy of the arm, .22s included.

Last edited by zukiphile; October 23, 2013 at 07:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.03429 seconds with 8 queries